Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms - Swatches & Review


These babies are some of my favourite lip products. I would own more of them but my extensive collection of lip products says otherwise(and so does my wallet). I wear these guys pretty often and have had them for some time and therefore have tested them enough to write a review on their performance. The shades I'll be reviewing are Showy, Standout and Shameless.


These guys come in a twist-up jumbo crayon type format which is great for on the go touch ups and also the pointed tip really helps you get a precise application. They're a nice size, not bulky and I can easily fit a few of these into my daily makeup bag.

All of these have more of a satin finish and feel very lightweight on the lips. You really can't feel them on anymore after they 'dry'. They stain your lips too, so they fade nicely. They last pretty long on me, I don't have to touch up unless I eat which is good enough for me.


First up is Showy, a neutral(slightly leaning cool-toned?) pink. I don't really like lighter pinks but this baby is an exception. Bought it on a whim and love at first swipe! Glides on really nicely. It can cling on to dry spots but nothing too bad. This was once the only pink lippie I owned.


Who doesn't love a red? I bought this on a whim too and don't regret it. The colour is a perfect match for my NC30ish skin tone. As with Showy, it has a buttery and slippery texture and produces a great colour. You can't really screw up with application for this one. I'd say it's the easiest to apply of the three. This is my go to product when I want a red lip. 


This is the one I bought wayy before the others. Glides on like a dream like the other two and has a great colour payoff! A bit finicky though, your lips should be smooth for this to look flawless. By this point my lips were angry because of the wiping from removing the other two balms so it wasn't that smooth. My favourite of the three<3

One thing I like about these guys is their balmy texture. I often mix a small bit of either of of these with some lip balm on my lips for a light wash of colour. You can get these from Watson's or Sasa for SG$19.90. (Drugstore prices in Singapore are great, aren't they? =']) They usually have promotions like 'Buy 2 get 1 Free' and stuff like that, so do check them out!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you found this useful!



No comments:

Post a Comment