Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette - Swatches, Review & FOTD


I have been lusting after Sugarpill since I first heard they were a thing way back when. When I found this guy mildly swatched on Carousell for $30 I could not resist and snagged it up immediately. I was broke but I do not regret buying it at all.



The one thing I love about Sugarpill is how fricking adorable the packaging is. Not as adorable as Shrinkle(Sugarpill's founder), of course ;D


The palette is made of cardboard but is sturdy enough and the magnet closure makes it feel very sleek overall.

taken with flash

On the left the shadows are swatched over a Nyx's eyeshadow base in white and on the left they are over bare skin. All of them apply really smoothly and are really pigmented. Poison Plum and Flamepoint do not show as well as the other two without a base but still are really easy to work with.

taken without flash

I was really impressed with Love+ because red shadows usually aren't this amazing and I'm really glad I have it in my stash now. Poison plum is really beautiful and I see myself using it the most out of the rest.


My look started out fairly simple, I used all the shadows in a cut-crease wing kinda thing. Sadly, Love+ and Poison Plum got lost behind my lashes. I actually really like this look and might recreate it someday.


I then decided to smoke it out. I blended out with black and some Poison Plum at the very edges. I also added a gold pigment to my lips.

Products used:
Face:
Maybelline BB White - Fresh & Natural (1 : 2 ratio)
Hard Candy Glamouflage Concealer - Medium
Coastal Scents Camouflage palette to contour and highlight 
Cyber Colors 24hr Eyebrow duo - Brown
Rimmel Stay Matt Pressed Powder - Transparent
Eyes:
Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Primer
Nyx Eyeshadow Base - White
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette
Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner - Jet
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner - Black
Sephora black eyeshadow
Lashblast by Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - Black 
Brandless falsies 
Lips: 
Portland Black Lipstick Co.  - Black
Gold pigment from Tamanala.com


Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment