Tuesday, December 16, 2014

MUA Undressed Palette - FOTD, Swatches & Review


The MUA Undressed palette is said to be THE dupe for Urban Decay's Naked. The shades are said to be nearly identical, though I don't have the actual Naked palette to prove that.


To be honest, the whole naked craze never really appealed to me. For starters, I pretty much have all the eyeshadow I need with my Coastal Scents 88 palettes and neutral shades just aren't exactly something I lust after. 


But when I found out I was going to London, this became the number 1 thing on my shopping list. I needed to know if I was missing out on the neutral craze, and for 4 pounds this was pretty much the best opportunity to get a taste of Naked. 


For 4 pounds you don't get a sleek suede case, but a sturdy plastic one. It doesn't have a mirror, which may be an issue to some of you. Personally, I see no loss. (You also get a really large anti-theft sticker that ruins the back sticker on your palette D=) Straight off the bat, I can see potential for a number of looks with this palette. It really does seem versatile.

Top: Puff, Ash, Fawn
Bottom : Bronzed Ore, Burnished Brown, Tawny
Swatches done on bare skin and Nyx Eyeshadow base in white
Top: Puff, Ash, Fawn
Bottom : Bronzed Ore, Burnished Brown, Tawny
Without flash
Swatches done on bare skin and Nyx Eyeshadow base in white
Top: Puff, Ash, Fawn
Bottom : Bronzed Ore, Burnished Brown, Tawny
With flash

Top: Gild, Hazel, Lion
Bottom: Henna, Fuel, Cool Grey
Swatches done on Nyx Eyeshadow base in White and bare skin
Top: Gild, Hazel, Lion
Bottom: Henna, Fuel, Cool Grey
Without flash
Swatches done on Nyx Eyeshadow base in White and bare skin
Top: Gild, Hazel, Lion
Bottom: Henna, Fuel, Cool Grey
With flash
The shadows are pigmented enough, especially with a primer. They blend pretty nicely and are definitely worth their price. All shades are on the shimmery side, except for Hazel. With all the shades being brown in nature, over-blending can make your eyeshadow look really muddy so be vary of that.


For my look, I decided to keep it pretty basic. This was my second time using this palette and therefore I was a little more familiar with the colours and formula. I used rose-gold leaning Tawny as my main all-over lid colour.


Products used:
Face:
The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream - 02
Hard Candy Glamouflage Concealer - Medium
Garnier Tinted Pimple Roll On
K Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow  -02
Nyx Mosaic Powder - Latte
Rimmel Stay Matt Pressed Powder - Transparent
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Taupe
MUA Undressed Palette
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner - Black
Lashblast by Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - Black 
Lips: 
Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream - Transylvania


I feel like I made a mistake by using Taupe color tattoo as a base, it made everything more, taupe. I feel like gold would have allowed Tawny to really shine through.

Despite that, my thoughts on the palette are pretty much the same. I don't really like it. Don't get me wrong, the colours work well and it's a good palette but it simply isn't my cup of tea. I can never seem to achieve my desired amount of drama with this palette. The colours are just too soft and natural. If that's what you're going for, then this may be for you. Currently, I only use this palette on my mum and she seems to love it.


I don't regret buying this palette though, because it means I won't ever spend my money on the actual Naked palette. I bought this guy at Superdrug in London. If you're in Singapore, you're gonna have to get it online. Lookout for sprees on Carousell!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!






No comments:

Post a Comment