Saturday, October 1, 2016

Steampunk - Halloween

Welcome to Halloween at BlingedOutLemons! This year the whole month of October is packed with Halloween goodness. With 8 looks planned including 4 tutorials(and not including my actual Halloween costume ;)), we're gonna have a lot of fun :)


So first up, I stuck a bunch of gears to my face and called it steampunk! Now before Steampunk purists come out and bash me for this, I'll have you know I LOVE steampunk. I actually did my final art exam a couple of years ago based on Steampunk. I know adding gears to something doesn't make it steampunk, but it's so aesthetically pleasing that I couldn't resist.


I got these clock parts like 2 years ago, I wanted to use them for a school project but they arrived a week after the project was due :') But I rediscovered them recently and went to work on this look!




So for this look I was going for something sooty, bronzey, brassy and metallic. I feel like those words kinda encompass the Steampunk aesthetic. So we got a gunmetal and bronze smokey eye with very bronze highlight/blush and pops of gold. Oh and the metallic black lips!


Now these are actual clock parts, and you can see some of them have these pointy things in the middle. I cut them down as small at I could to try and get a flat side, but some of them hurt man. Beauty = pain.


Face:
Skin79 Super BB - Hot Pink
CoverFx Correct Click -  Green
Nyx Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer - Light
The Balm Bahama Mama
Nyx Strobe of Genius Palette - Bronzey and pale gold shades
Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder

Brows:
Cyber Colours 24hr Eyebrow Duo - Dark Brown

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Kat Von D Ladybird Palette - Cleopatra, Wolf
Sugarpill - The Inventor, Soot & Stars
Sleek Storm Palette - Dust Storm, Blackout
Gold Pigment from eBay
Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner - Power Black
Lashblast by Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - Black
Bambi Lashes PRIDE Collection - Bisexual (!!!!LOVE!!!)

Lips:
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - NaYE0N

No comments:

Post a Comment